One of my favorite ways to cook dinner is by using my crock pot. I can cook healthy, homemade food without standing over the stove for half an hour. As you know from my post about preparing dry good mixes, I'm all about convenient ways to have healthy, natural food for my family. On days when I use my crock pot, I usually prepare the meal in the morning or around lunch time, and then I can forget about it for the rest of the day!
Today, I am making chicken and noodles in the crock pot.
My recipe is this:
Place in crock pot:
1-2 carrots, chopped
1-2 celery stalks, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
3 cups chicken broth (I make my own whenever I buy a rotisserie chicken, and I freeze it in 3 cup servings)
2-3 teaspoons chicken bullion
1 can cream of chicken soup
1-2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken (I use chicken breasts; you can put them in whole or chopped)
1 cup bowtie noodles
Cook on low 6-8 hours OR cook on high 4 hours. This is one of those recipes that I have experimented with over time, so that's why the measurements aren't exact. Some days I feel like putting a little more of one ingredient or a little less of another... It usually always turns out great!
I can't wait to have this yummy meal on what is supposed to be a very cold night!
Lord, this weekend would be a perfect time for a snowfall! ;)
2 comments:
Sounds good for these cold days,
amen! it IS cold.
hey I blogged about you this week, come see. :)
Post a Comment