
I've been making our family's bread, pizza crusts, and brownies from scratch for the past several months. Recently, though, I got tired of scooping out the 2-3 cups of flour and other dry ingredients that most of the recipes require. I know, it's not really a hard job, but it is slightly messy and just gets old sometimes. Since I realized that I was actually dreading making these things because I'd have to measure out the flour and other ingredients, I decided to streamline my efforts a bit. Every few weeks, I measure out all the dry ingredients that a recipe calls for and put them into a plastic bag with the name of the food written on the bag. I'll do this multiple times so that I have the ingredients pre-measured for several loaves of bread or several pizza crusts. I store these bags in my pantry, and when it's time to make a loaf of bread or a pizza or a pan of brownies, I just grab the bag, add the wet ingredients, and Voila!, I have a homemade goodie without much effort!
That's how I spent my morning Thursday - measuring out enough ingredients to get me through the first week or two of 2009. That way, I can enjoy the holidays with homemade goodies, but I won't have to lift a... well let's just say I won't have to lift my finger for very long... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment