Thursday, March 3, 2011

Washing machines and loveys...

Last week after our hospital visit, I wanted to wash "Mr Snuggles", which is Isaac's bear/blanket that he sleeps with. I told Isaac that Mr Snuggles needed a bath, so Isaac took him to the bathtub. Well, I told him, this wasn't the kind of bath he needed. He needed to go in the washing machine. Isaac seemed hesitant. We walked to the washing machine and I told Isaac to go ahead and put Mr Snuggles in. Isaac said no! He didn't want to. I asked why. Isaac just said he didn't want to. I told him that Snuggs (Mr Snuggles' nickname) would be just fine. Isaac then asked with a true quiver in his voice, "Will he die??" Wow. Our three-year-old actually understands the concept of death and thought that the washing machine might cause his lovey to die! I'm not sure if I'm ready for this growing up thing! I assured him that Mr Snuggles would survive the wash and would be happy to see him once he was finished drying in the dryer. Isaac still hesitated, but he eventually put Snuggs in the washer. Now Snuggs is clean - no more hospital germies - and he is still alive and well as Isaac's snuggle buddy! Whew!

No comments:

All photos, text, and videos are copyrighted by the author.