Lately our little seventeen month old has been imitating her brother in some pretty cute ways! Isaac is in a phase where he often asks us "Why?" Apparently Elise heard it enough that now, when we give her a command, she says, "Why?" For example, just tonight she was splashing lots and lots in the tub. Steven told her, "No Elise! Stop that splashing!" She just looked at him and asked, "Why??"
Sometimes Isaac imitates Elise too! Instead of using his real, big boy words, he will say "meh meh" when he wants more of something. Or he will start babbling (with a huge grin on his face) just like Elise does.
When they play together, it often includes physical pushing. While we usually don't allow pushing, sometimes it is just part of their sibling interaction! Elise likes to back up against our couch, lay her head on the seat and wait for Isaac to come and push her head off! Then she laughs and comes right back for him to do it again!
Speaking of laughing, both our kids are hams. They love to be tickled and they love to laugh throughout the day. Isaac is getting old enough to laugh at some jokes and understand when we are kidding around with him. Elise has started laughing hard when I sing to her at night. I'm not sure if she's laughing at my singing or if she is laughing because she feels such a joyous heavenly presence as I sing. I prefer to believe the latter. ;)
Every day around here is a true adventure!
2 comments:
Ha! Mark and I got such a kick out of baby Elise copying her brother and asking WHY? Like you need it from both of them!! Too funny. :)
wait, did it post? ok I think yes. :)
Post a Comment