Isaac celebrated his half birthday yesterday! He is now 18 months old!
We had a nice visit with his pediatrician and, thankfully, he didn't need any shots. She said he is developing very well and she was pleased with how he's growing. Here are his stats:
Weight - 26 pounds (50th percentile)
Height - 33 inches (75th percentile)
It's amazing how much he has grown and learned in the past month! I think he's surpassed 50 words in his vocabulary now, and he seems to be picking up words at a much quicker pace these days.
He is also very mobile! He loves to run around the house and climb on the furniture. He also loves to walk on the sidewalk outside and climb up on our front porch stairs.
He is a big-time eater; he typically eats three full meals and two snacks each day. And after months of not drinking any milk except for mine, he is now enjoying chocolate soymilk (which I mix with DHA-fortified soymilk). I'm so thankful that he's able to drink something with protein, calcium, and vitamin D now that he's completely weaned from my breastmilk.
These days Isaac is really loving Steven's guitars. He can say "ge-tar" and often wants to watch Steven strum or try and strum it himself. He also still loves to play with his toy vacuum, and the real mop and broom.
Isaac is sleeping very well these days. This time last year I wondered when he would ever sleep through the night, but now it seems like he's a sleep champion! He goes to bed around 8 PM and wakes up between 8 and 9 AM. He takes one nap each day, after lunch, which lasts 2-3 hours. Last night he did wake up for the first time with what we think was a night terror. I was able to calm him down and put him back to sleep, but I surely hope that doesn't happen often, for his sake!
We love our little blessing, and we are so excited about seeing him interact with his little sister in several months. Also, we can't wait until next week when we'll be taking him to the beach for our family vacation. It should be tons of fun watching him run around on the sand this time!
1 comment:
wow, I think that's EXACTLY how big nathan was at his 18-month checkup. (Maybe 33 1/2 inches, but close.)
what a good sleeper! I am jealous, N is regressing a bit there. [sigh]
looks like he's doing AWESOME - what a joy! have fun at the beach and travel safely! :)
Post a Comment