Wednesday, October 27, 2010

New words...

One of Elise's newest words is "Thank You", which sounds more like tay-tee, but it means thank you for sure! She says it every time we give her something. I guess she's heard us encourage Isaac to say thank you, and she's just following suit. She also says, "Mah-mah", which means "More". Usually she says this while we're eating when she wants more food, but occasionally she'll say it if she wants to do more of something fun, like being tickled or kissed or spun around.

One of Isaac's newest phrases is "the last day", which means "yesterday". As in, "We went to Jersey Mikes on the last day! And we had chips and cheese and too-key (turkey) and bread. I like Jersey Mikes!" He has also started saying "I don't like..." and "I don't want..." and "I can't do...".

But we know he can! And we're seeing each day how much more both of their little brains are lighting up and making connections to allow them to do and say more and more. It's such a miracle!

No comments:

All photos, text, and videos are copyrighted by the author.