Monday, January 11, 2010

Update on sweet Elise...


Elise went back to the doctor on Friday, and she still has bronchiolitis. She's also still coughing, wheezing and sniffling intermittently. The doctor said that since she seemed generally content and happy, we'd hold off on the oral steroids for now. She also said that when babies this young contract bronchiolitis (or, rather, the virus that causes it, RSV) they can cough and wheeze for months! Please pray for Elise's little body to fight this and get better soon! Although she has a very happy disposition, I know she's tired of the coughing and runny nose. And maybe I'm just a little tired of using a nasal aspirator fifteen times a day for the past six weeks! (well, maybe that's a wee bit exaggerated, but you Mommas out there know what I mean!!)

3 comments:

Erin G said...

ok I know she probably didn't feel good when you took that picture but she looks SO PRETTY. And she looks more and more like you with each picture I see. :)

Betsy said...

Thanks Erin!!! :)

Sandy said...

I am praying for your little angel, Betsy! What a special little girl to feel so yucky and smile so sweetly!!

All photos, text, and videos are copyrighted by the author.