
I am so excited about using my new compost container! My mom found one of these at World Market for herself months ago and has been using it since. I've been admiring it, so she offered to pick one up for me while she was out. I LOVE this little thing! I'll be keeping it on my kitchen counter, near my sink, and adding food scraps to it as we accumulate them (which we do all the time!) Then, once the container is full I plan to use my hand-me-down Vita Mix blender to mix up the food scraps and make instant compost that I can pour on my garden. Instant compost? Yes, you can turn food scraps into instant compost that can immediately be poured on your garden soil by putting food scraps into your blender (be sure that you have a separate blender container that is only used for composting), covering the scraps with water, and then adding about a quarter cup of cottonseed meal (For you locals, this is carried at Bud's Nursery). I found the recipe for instant composting here. Although I haven't tried this yet, I'm looking forward to it and will most certainly blog about it!
YAY for new ways to conserve and accumulate less waste while ensuring that our garden will ROCK this coming year!
No comments:
Post a Comment