Recently, we've let our cats become indoor/outdoor cats, rather than just indoor cats, for many reasons. And I guess Noel (the youngest one) thinks that if she pays us, she might just be able to stay inside all the time again. We might would consider this if her currency were dollars rather than baby possums...
Yes, you read that correctly! Within the past day, Noel has "brought" us two baby possums that are no bigger than my thumb. Since we leave our garage door cracked, she's been able to leave them at the doorstep of the door into our house from the garage.
What a nice little surprise for us in the morning! NOT!!!
We know she means well, but we're going to try and train her to search for things that might be of a bit more value to us, like diamonds, gold coins, or maybe even Walmart gift cards! :)
2 comments:
haha! That's so funny. Well, both Buddy and Pretty-Girl have been known to bring little "presents" inside our house as well. The main one that I can remember was a real (dead) bird! :)
I understand....when I was still living in Charlotte, before our wedding (Saturdays become the get all wedding planning done days). I had ONE saturday to sleep in and I was going to take advantage bigtime. At 6:20 in the morning, I feel my cat jump on the bed, then I hear him playing with something that is squeeking! I jump out of bed with enough gusto to see Skye let go of the mouse and it scurry away, but then we couldn't find it to get it out of the house. Needless to say I couldn't go back to sleep!
Post a Comment